Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Daddy's Little Girl"

 

What would you do if your children were required by law to stay with their mother who has a boyfriend that sells drugs and associates with gangs? Would you ever fall in love with your personal driver? Would you let a job deprive you of life?

I have recently seen the film Daddy's Little Girl, which is a Tyler Perry production. I really enjoyed watching this movie because from my perspective, it brought together two people who barely knew each other to a couple who is forever in love. This movie is most likely appropriate for people who like romance and drama intertwined together. The whole concept of this film was stellar, and I loved every moment of it. It definitely bought tears to my eyes and goosebumps to my skin. One of my favorite parts was when Monty, the father, or in this case, the driver, took Julia, a very stern lawyer out to a bar and she finally expressed her true personality. There were parts in this movie where I thought it just wasn't fair at all. I would never let my ex-spouse whose boyfriend is a drug dealer have custody of my children! Towards the end of the movie, the three daughters came rushing to Monty's (the father) home at about 2 in the morning to state the fact  that the Monty's ex-spouse's boyfriend was abusing the youngest daughter out of three. this left me in a state of awe, to be honest. Anger filled Monty's air and it persuaded him to do something he's never done before. Before I explain what happened, he already had another dilemma. Julia believes Monty was a rapist, but the truth is, he was falsely accused as one. Now going  back into time, Monty already has that on his mind, now he knows that his own child was being abused. He reached the peak of patience, and finally got to express the revenge he wanted to plot onto his enemies for the longest. He crashes his car into Joesph's (the abuser) car, then swiftly starts to fight him. I can candidly say that Joesph deserved that for all he has done. One of the other horrible things he has done was threaten to kill Monty if the eldest of the three daughters didn't smoke or sell the marijuana Joesph manufactured. Anyways, after the whole town came out to see the riot, as I would say, going on outside, and the night proceeded, the next day, a court visit was scheduled. On that day, the town agreed to testify against Joesph and Jennifer (the ex-spouse). When I saw that, I was elated. It shows that you can get the justice you deserve even in the most weirdest ways.


I strongly suggest you watch this movie, or any movie Tyler Perry has produced or directed. They are all worth watching!