Saturday, January 14, 2012

G's Goals

Each quarter is an opportunity for you as a student to improve and continue to learn. You receive a report card that helps you to measure how well you are doing. As a teacher I receive evaluations. Its important that we utilize that feedback to make the rest of the year a success. Each quarter I set goals for myself.  My ultimate goal is for you to enjoy this class and want to continue to explore the world of theatre on stage or backstage. You will have the option to take Stagecraft (learn about working backstage), Musical Theatre (sing, dance & act), or Acting II. Our units of study and my goals for third quarter are listed below. 

UNITS OF STUDY
  • The production process- work on a class play
  • Theatre Management- learn about how to advertise and produce a play
  • Set Design
  • Theatre History- Greek- Modern Day
G's GOALS
I hope to WILL...
  • improve my organization
  • grade papers in a more timely fashion
  • incorporate more technology in my lessons
  • revitalize my Star Student of the Week reward program
  • keep website up-to-date

You will see a few changes to our class system when the new quarter starts. We have started part of the process with the Star Student Helpers. I am also going to change the room (again... YES... AGAIN!). 

Share your goals for the new year. Answer the following questions in the comment section below.
What are you planning to improve...
  • in Acting class?
  • in your academic classes?
  • in your personal life?
Need help establishing a plan? Click here.