Monday, February 6, 2012


Colombiana



This weekend, I saw the movie Colombiana. It's about A young woman, after witnessing her parents' murder as a child in Colombia, grows up to be a stone-cold assassin.

Zoe Saldana, the main character, was born in New Jersey and raised in Queens, New York. When she was 10 years old, her and her family moved to the Dominic Republic. While living in the Dominican Republic, Zoe became interested in dancing, which was a good precursor for the start of her acting career. At age 17, Zoe and her family moved back to the United States were she became interested in theater performance.
 I really enjoyed this  movie because the main character, Cataleya, was so good at acting her part. Just like every good actress, she was really good at making her performance believable. I also liked all the action in this movie. It's incredible how the directors and producers came up with it. My favorite part was when she purposely got herself into jail undercover as a drunk girl. She did that because she found out that one of the men that killed her parents were in there so she decided to take charge. When there were no guards around, she changed and went through the air vents, got inside the electrical room and poured water on the cables. While the police men were distracted she shot the man that killed her father and put the gun in his own hand. She rushed back to her cell through the air vents and changed back into the drunk girl. I thought this really smart, I know I could never get away with that. If i had to rate this movie on a scale from 1 to 10, it would be a for sure 10. I really enjoyed it and I think Everyone should watch it.

-Cynthia Tinnirello, period 7