Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tyler Perry's "The Family That Preys"



                I have again watched another one of Tyler Perry's phenomenal movies. This movie is called "The Family Who Preys." In all honesty, when the movie first started, I thought it would be about an old, snobby, white family who did bad to a black family. After watching the movie, I was definitely all wrong. Before I get into a brief synopsis of this movie, I'd like to say that this movie did make me cry at some parts and it definitely had a very good meaning to it. I recommend you all watch this movie some how because its truly worth a watch. Basically in the beginning of the movie, Charlotte had her best friend, Alice, daughter's (Andrea) wedding in her beautiful mansion. Andrea was very difficult to deal with, based on her sister's (Pam) reaction to Andrea's ungrateful words. Throughout the movie, I thought that problem after problem arose. One of the problems that occurred is that Andrea is having an affair  with William Cartwright, Charlotte's son. Seeing that made me uncomfortable in way considering both of them were married. Anyways, she has been receiving large amounts of money from William. Its sad how some woman still don't know how to legitimately work for their money! On the other hand, another problem that occurred was the fact that Charlotte had Alzheimer's disease, and she soon passed away. Before that she desperately wanted Alice to go on a road trip around the United States to make memories. One moment that stuck out to me during their trip was that Charlotte was up in the middle of the night with her camera and memory card saying, "the memory is full!" After she said she had the disease, I basically broke out in tears because of how true it was when she said "the memory is full." since it was for her. There were a few more problems that happened but they were very brief. When Ben and Chris lost their jobs I was about to lose it myself! I think it was very selfish of Andrea and William to betray their spouses and cause such a war in the movie. I'm glad that at the end William's wife, Jillian, stood up for herself and went to the hotel room William and Andrea went to every Wednesday to handle their dirty deeds. I bet Andrea got the message! William finally left Andrea, which was a weight lifted off my shoulders as I was very engaged to the movie. Well, I hope you all decide to watch this movie one way or another, because like I said, its worth the watch.