Sunday, February 26, 2012

I believe!

Watching American Idol on its opening night brought tears to my eyes. I believe in doing all that you can to accomplish your dream. You have to take a risk on yourself. You have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone. We live in a world where we constantly are seeking approval and validation from others, which is why sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and all the others are so successful. But what about doing it for YOU!

The most inspirational story of them all the first show was a young couple about to have a baby. The husband worked at a jail and was originally granted time off should he be successful in the auditions and have to go to Hollywood... Well when anything can go wrong it does... The time off was rescinded and a decision had to be made. So what did he do? He quit his job and come to audition for the show. They asked his wife how she felt about him quitting his job. knowing they had a baby due in just a few months. She said she didn't want him living a life with her regretting not following his dream. She didn't want to the baby to be the reason he didn't step out on faith and try!

So my message to you is... before the responsibilities of life come upon you. Establish a goal and go for it. Decide what you want to do with your life and get busy making it happen. Don't get me wrong, the dream/goal may change. I entered college wanting to do one thing and by my Junior year, I had an entirely different goal. But the idea of constantly working towards making myself happy remained the same!

I have a new dream board posted in my bedroom. I will post again, once I have somethings on it. But I am still in the planning phase. But I can tell you I am thinking about my summer goals, enhancing my business, buying a bigger home... and I secretly want to be an internet sensation with my own Youtube Channel!!!

Comment below with what you would put on a dream board!