Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cheerleading IS a Sport !!!


The one thing that bothers me more than anything is when someone says that cheerleading isn't a sport. I completely disagree and CHEERLEADING IS A SPORT!!! The truth is that cheerleaders probably work harder than any other sport, especially competitive cheerleaders. If you don't think that cheerleading is a sport, then go ahead and throw our routine FULL OUT, a million times in a row, including all the jumps, stunts, tumbling, and all other choreography. A sport involves a lot of physical activity and cheerleading definitely has that with all of the conditioning we do to get stronger. Not only that, but it is also a lot more dangerous than any other sport. Each time a flyer goes into the air, she knows that if her stunt group doesn't catch her then she is going to hit the ground, yet she still goes up with a smile. When it comes to tumbling, all you have to do is land the wrong way and you can be seriously injured. Cheerleaders practice a minum of 2 hours twice a week and only for 2 1/2 minutes on the competition floor. Not only is it a sport, but it involves major PERFORMING. When you are on the competing, you have to have the hugest smile on your face and make the craziest facial expressions, and for the most part give it everything you got. Personally, I may sometimes be a shy person but when I'm cheering at a competition I'm a totally different person. The truth is that cheerleading is just as much as a sport as any other sport, and it has been proven a sport. Front/back walkovers, back handsprings, back tucks, layouts, fulls, toe touches, hurdlers, pikes, heel stretches, scales, scorpions. The reason I am writing about this is because cheerleading is literally my LIFE, I would cheer 24/7 if I could. Some people may say that cheerleaders just want to look pretty and walk around thinking they're so cool, but some of us take it seriously as if our life depends on it. Just like any other sport, you do things over and over until you are perfect. For those who say cheerleading isn't a sport, did you get FIRST PLACE in your division, did you get GRAND CHAMPS in your whole level, did you get a BID TO US FINALS? If you don't think so then you should go to Florida Triple Threat and I'm sure we will show you otherwise. "I'm no product of a name, I work hard to gain my fame". Who agrees that cheerleading IS a sport?