Monday, March 19, 2012

Homework, Homework, and Oh.. More Homework!


http://www.greatschools.org/students/homework-help/251-homework-is-too-much.gsAs a student I honestly can't relate to all of the other students lives, but if us students at Nova High all had to agree on one thing I can assure to you that we all can agree that sometimes too much homework is given! In my opinion I believe now in our generation, students are given way to much homework. Teachers just always assume that we are always complaining about the amount of homework we are given and how we are probably just to lazy to do it. In my opinion most of them are wrong. They really never try to place their self in our shoes! For example, in the school I attend we get out at exactly 4:20pm. In case you did not know that's later than most of all the Broward County Schools! Plus, most of the student population at my school ride the bus and half of them come late! Now, buses are suppose to leave at 4:45 which is around 5:00. Let us note that in Ft.Lauderdale 5:00 traffic is very known. If I say this to most teachers it is a nine out of ten ratio that i will get the same response "You can do your homework on the bus." Now that's when their wrong. Teachers can't seriously assume that all students buses are nice and quiet. I know on my bus it can get very rowdy making it hard for someone to concentrate even if they tried to do there work. Now the time students get home I round to probably around 6:00pm they pull out the books and get to writing. Note that at Nova High we have seven classes not just one. So, in my opinion teachers shouldn't just hand out homework like free samples because newsflash your not our only class we have! By the time we get done it will be late and time to get in the bed which gives us no time to have a type of social life! Now, having to deal with this five days a week can get pretty depressing. Even though I feel bad for the students with the same 9 to 5 schedule I feel even worse for the athletes. Most athletes get out of there practice at 6:30 or sometimes later. So, for them it's even worse because they get home later, plus their tired! Sometimes teachers don't even think about the extra chores they have to do at home! Im not saying that we shouldn't get homework I just believe that teachers should honestly lower the amount.