Monday, March 19, 2012

Puppets & Theatre= MONEY!!!

So, if you must know I have become a HUGE fan of TED (Ideas Worth Spreading). I was looking up information on the show War Horse and came across this on TED.


I remember when I heard they were putting the Lion King on Broadway and being so excited. Then I heard they were using puppets and I was confused. Wait... little hand puppets? Wait... the people will be inside the puppets? Then I remember seeing it for the first time and i was completely amazed. I have a great love for art but if you have seen any of my drawings and designs you know that my love for it is stronger than my talent at it.

Well, War Horse take puppets and theatre to  whole new level. This is amazing and if you really allow yourself to get into the story, you almost forget that it's a puppet. That's when I know I am watching a great show. When I forget about the technical elements and in that moment... I believe.

The Handspring Puppet Company was started in South Africa. "Emotional Engineering"... they turn "nouns into verbs" using wood and fabric to "persuade you to believe if has life."

War Hose is currently still on Broadway.