Sunday, March 25, 2012

Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader


It was recently announced that there will be a show called Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader. Secret Diary will be a webseries on the Cheer Channel, that is a drama (not a reality show) about the life of an All-Star cheerleader. Since it is a drama, that means that it WILL involve acting. The Cheer Channel also includes shows such as "Back on the Squad", "Meg and Friends", "Spark Girls", "First Look", "America's Next Best Cheerleader", and "Cheer Moms". During the month of February, auditions were being held at cheering events across the country, looking for cheerleaders to be a part of "Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader". After auditions were completed, the cheerleaders chosen to be in this drama were Maddie Gardner, Kiara Nowlin, Whitney Love, Kelsey Rule, Erica Englebert, Cami Brenson, Bianca Treger, and Gabi Butler (my personal favorite from Top Gun All-Stars). About a week ago, I talked to Gabi Butler on Twitter and she told me that they will be filming for Secret Diary in a few weeks. The Cheer Channel says that this webseries will premiere in April, and I have to say I am so excited! Even if you are not a cheerleader, I think that you may find this show very interesting. It will sure take you into the life of an All-Star cheerleader, which includes all of the drama. From a personal point of view as an All-Star cheerleader, competitive cheerleading is very exciting and the things you will see at a competition are just mind blowing! I know the point in this blog is to talk about ACTING or performing arts, and technically a drama webseries involves acting. I've been looking forward to this show ever since I heard about it and just can't wait. If you are interested you can watch it in April on the Cheer Channel. Has anyone heard about this show? What do YOU think the life and drama of an All-Star cheerleader is like? The answer will be revealed soon enough. Have any of you ever experienced it or something like it yourself? Some people might say I'm crazy for writing about this but I just love what I do and it's my life. I'm sure the girls in Secret Diary can agree that cheerleading isn't just about looking pretty and screaming, it's A LOT of work, you put in a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, and you have to PERFORM!