Sunday, March 18, 2012

Do We Really Repect Our Elders?

My grandparents mean the world to me, I love and respect them a lot, but it seem like our generations does not. I see many teens cursing or yelling at their grandparents, parents, and adults. It brothers me a lot, because I feel we should treat them better than that. Jenelle Evans on teens mom has created a big example of what I'm saying. Her mother takes care of her son, she had in high school and also provides a shelter and food for her. In many episodes of "Teen Moms 2", Jenelle curses and abuse her mother. In this picture it shows Jenelle yelling at her mother. She was yelling at her because she would not leave her alone. It hurts me when I see this because parents like that deserves better and it's just so disrespectful. I also feel many take them for granted. You should know if our grandparents were not here we will not be present right now. When my grandparents tell me stories about my family or about their life I listen to them so I could pass them on to my kids and so on. They are so precious and if we do not listen to them we can not learn. In my opinion they are the nicest people you could every meet and they care. My grandparents are more understanding than my parents, and I can tell them anything. I want you all who is reading this, think about the last time you disrespected your parents or grandparents. Was it really worth it? Do you think you hurt them? Now I want you to think about a time when you disrespected another adult. Ask yourself was it worth and can you have handled the situation a little bit better. Adults and elders should be treated with respect and love.