Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Class Performance

Many times in class I witness people who do not volunteer to perform. Or even shy away during warm ups. However I don't think it is a result of lack of confidence. Being that it is the third quater I think everyone is more than comfortable with each other. No one minds doing the embarrassing things we call fun. I do think it is because many times they don't know what to do. Especially during the improv games. Sometimes I feel I cannot come up with a character that will be funny enough to perform so I just watch. From talking to my classmates I have also learned that some of them feel like they are not good enough compared to everyone else. Therefore I think we should be more encouraging. Encourage people to participate instead make them like their obligated to. To make it easier, people should also make suggestions on characters for people who normally struggle. This will help our warm up games go a lot smoother. This will also help them be more fun and inviting. This idea will also make it easier on the star student who will no longer have to threaten people to participate. Games like bus stop and taxi will also be even more humorous due to the variety of characters. The video below shows an acting classes warm up activity at Guildhil high school. The game they are playing allows everyone to be free and crazy without everyone staring at them, watching them perform. Do you think we should try this game?