Friday, April 13, 2012

Another Week As A Thespian...





My love for acting and theatre has truly grown since being in acting this year. Even though i've been in theatre for three years, I enjoy my 4th period class so much. The love and support that circulates through the class makes me feel so good about performing. This week I performed with Natasha or as I call her "new girl". I was truly so elated because she was so prepared and that made the deliverance of our performance even better. She was so nervous and I couldn't do anything but chuckle because she reminded me so much of myself when I first began performing at school. She was such a natural and I was so proud to be her partner. I also performed with Mic not Mike! Our scene was fun because Mic is just an enjoyable person to perform with. Despite the fact that we both had to perform our scene alone because the other was absent, I was glad we finally performed it together and might I add that we didn't to bad to have never actually practiced together. Which I wouldn't ever recommend for any of my fellow classmates to do but when life gives you lemons, you make lemon juice!! Overall performance wise this week worked very well in my favor. I must say though the costume contest was the highlight of my friday. Let me tell you why, I wasn't in that jolly of a mood when I entered the classroom, so i wasn't expecting to be grinning from ear to ear when I left. But that costume contest got my juices flowing and I ended up leaving class with a slight feeling of accomplishment. This week in acting has sparked my creativity so much that I decided I want to start making outfits. Well I do that once I learn how to sew, cut, and all the other things nessacary to create an outfit. But I'm determined and with my determination I can do anyhttp://www.chamberorganizer.com/Calendar/moreinfo.php?eventid=78873g my own clothes just for fun and to see how well I could so as a designer. As I come to my closing I just want to leave my fellow thespians with a word of encouragement " At the top of every sewing needle there is a hand, and in a hand lies power, creativity, and inspiration"-Emma Lou Jones ( my great grandmother)

P.S. I hope all of you plan to see Aida next week it's going to be amazing!! SEE YOU THERE!