Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nova High Varsity Softball Team/Leadership


     I'm not sure if everyone knows, but our season has just ended today. We went down with a tough loss in the second round of districts. I'm not here to talk about just how our season went but to say some stuff about leadership skills. Every single day I walked onto that field, whether it was for practice or for a game, I was always judging the leadership on our team. Out of both of are captions, only one of them succeeded in her job because she earned the job. The other one got it simply because our coach played favorites. I would love to be able to say that our team is like family and sticks together but to be honest, it's completely opposite of that. From my experiences, I think that everyone should learn leadership skills. I don't believe that leaders are out there to just tell you what to do. I feel as if they are out there to guide. When you guide someone, you can help them with their path in life or simply to just stay strong and positive with everything you do. If you are always making negative comments and someone praises you too much to the point where you're full of yourself, you will have a strong wake-up call once you move out on your own. That attitude will get you absolutely no where in life. So if you want to be a leader, step up and start doing the right thing instead of the wrong thing. http://www.nwlink.com/~donclark/leader/leadcon.html