Sunday, April 29, 2012

Group Improv #1

1.Before attempting this activity. I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be staying in character. Not to sound cocky or anything, but whatever group I'm in, the class ends up laughing. When you have alot of people around you, it's not easy to stay in your role; especially if it's a funny one. In my past performances I've laughed a few times on "stage" so i was kinda expecting to do it again during this activity.
2.After completing it, I thinkl the most difficult part to accomplish was keeping the conversation on stage going. When Krystal tried to explain why the bus broke down on our way to this party, I didn't really know what to add in at the time. This was probably the quietest I have ever been in a performance for Acting.
3. The most important thing I learned from this activity is having an active imagination is the key to improvisation. If you have a dull way of thinking, then your perfomance will be boring and there might be alot of pausing because of the trying to think of things to say. Our group had no problem with though.
4. The most suprising or interesting thing I learned from this activty is how smart creative my group was. We came up with an idea for "Public Transportation" in like two seconds! I just wish we carried out our "plan" better on stage though.
5. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is that no one in my group was shy. This was good because, in the most part, we were able to do everything we pretty much planned on doing without anyone trying to getting out of doing their part in the performance. This will be very helpful in future performances too.
6. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is how at the end of our skit when we had obviously given up on the storyline, the most RATCHET of our group started throwing paper moving all our our "bus." Her ghetto actions were embarrasing and scared the class a little bit.