Monday, April 30, 2012

Garbage bag Activity

Garbage Bag Activity
Briana 
Period 7

1. Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be sketching out the design for the project.  Usually when you have a sketch out a concept it's easier to construct and keeps things organized. 
2. After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was actually making the costume.  I realized my initial assumption was incorrect.  It was difficult to incorporate Garbage Bags, hangers, Construction paper, toilet paper  and balloons. It was difficult to make sure the balloons didn't pop which was a challenging task to accomplish. 
3. The most important thing I learned from this activity is you can turn everyday items into couture dresses.  I have gained a huge amount of respect for costume designers.  They have at time have to cater to the director's bizarre requests such as a outfit using with balloons. 
4. The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is Costume designing isn't a easy as it seems.  Costume designing not only requires money and time but also trial and error.  When working with my group we had to reconstruct things such as rewrapping the toilet tissue which was the ballerina shoes in order to get a near result.  
5.The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is how my perspective about Costume Designing has changed. I now have grown to understand a little more about the difficulties os being a costume designer.  
6.The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is the end result of the costume,  Had I been a little bit more aware about to to make the items required in my costume as a piece of work it would have came out better.  For Example, the hanger could have been used as a hanger.