Sunday, April 29, 2012

Improvisation Scene 1, Period 6


  1. Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be creating a beginning, middle, and end without much time to prepare. The scene had to be at a construction site, and we had to create the conflict along with a solution. With the time we were given, I thought we were going to have to make it up as we went but with my group we discussed it as quickly as we could. Jarie, Kaitlyn, Taylor and I contributed to ideas and came up with a conflict easily and the scene ran smoothly. 
  2. After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was to try and stay in character! Jarie, Kaitlyn and I had to play guys, who were pervs on top of that, so it kind of felt uncomfortable which resulted in laughing. Also, since our scene wasn't scripted, everything that my group said was unexpected and finding a way to contribute to what was just said was difficult without breaking character to think of what to say.
  3. The most important thing I learned from this activity is that you don't need a lot of time to perform a great scene. Without preparation, it allows the characters to develop new ideas and use their creativity to evolve during a scene. It helped my group and I work together to work out the scene while performing it and made the acting feel more real rather than copied from a script. 
  4. The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is how much an audience can react to a simple but funny line. During the scene, I said: "Its okay, I like them feisty!" because the "girl" in the scene (Taylor) pushed me to the floor for being too close. I got a big reaction from saying 6 words which made me happy and surprised at the same time. 
  5. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is how well my group and I worked together. We developed the scene with our ideas before and during the performance. During the scene we played off of what someone said and kept the conversation going. Even if someone made a mistake, the other people in the group covered it up and laughed it off after the performance.
  6. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is that no one recorded it! I wish I could have seen my group and I and how we looked while performing so we could fix the little problems and laugh about what we did. It would have helped with future scenes on how to improve our performance.