Monday, April 30, 2012

April Reflection Post: Garbage Costume Assignment


April Reflection Post: Garbage Costume Assignment

1.) Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be to decide what design to choose. Since we did have a semi-large group, there could of been conflicting thoughts on which one too choose. People's ego's could of gotten in the way and made the task more difficult than it needed to be. But thankfully we put our thoughts together and selected a really good design! Good enough to come in first :D
2.) After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was to actually put the costume together and make it look decent. It was hard enough with the items that we were chosen to work with and actually make them look like the design we had chosen. Some of the items needed a lot of maneuvering in order to get the assignment down. We had to be really careful in order to not break or damage the costume or hurt the model. 
3.) The most important thing I learned from this activity is not to just take any item for granted. Anything can be made to look beautiful. You can put your creative mind to work and create almost anything out of well..anything. It doesn't necessarily have to be the materials you're used to working with. 
4.) The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is that things normally considered "ugly" or "not normal" can be manipulated and in return be quite beautiful. It's amazing that we were able to create such a great costume out of things you normally wouldn't use for clothes. It just proves that everything shouldn't just be judged because of it's "normal" uses. Things can be reused and made into something creative and different. 
5.) The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is that I helped put in a lot of effort to make the costume match the original design. I also made sure we got the right amount of materials and made sure they were put to good use. We also won 1st place which was something rewarding. (:
6.) The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is the fact that I feel like I still could of put more of a creative aspect into the work. I didn't have to just sit back and let the design unfold as we put the materials on the model. But other than that I'm proud of what I did and I have no regrets.