Saturday, April 28, 2012

Garbage Bag Costume

  Before attempting this activity I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be putting the whole costume together exactly like the drawing. I thought that with the materials that were given that it would be almost impossible to put the design together. I thought this because the balloons could pop, the hangers wouldnt be able to go how we wanted them to, and the hangers could have ripped the trash bags. After compleating it, I know think the most difficult part to accomplish was to complete the design in the amount of time that was given. My groups design was a great design and nothing went wrong when trying to put it together, but when the time was about to finish the design we were making was not finished.We had the basic design done but the back was blank. The most important thing i learned from this activity is teamwork. While doing this activity I saw that every person was doing something to complete the design and when every persons part was completed and put together it came out great. The most surprising thing I learned form this activity is how much team work it takes to put one small thing together, and how much fun you could have while doing it. I always thought trying to make something come out like something on a paper would be stressfull and not many people would be needed to work on it. But after I finished this activity I relized it wasnt stressful but a lot of fun. Also that it takes teamwork to accomplish that. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is how fast and well that I could tie the balloons after blowing them up. I have never tied a balloon before have only watched my parents do it so i decided i would try tieing the balloons myself for this activity and when i tried i relized i could tie them fast and easily. When one of my parterns tried tieing them they couldnt, so I just ended up tieing all of the balloons and I am very pleased on how they came out. The aspect of my work that I am least satisifed with is how the back of the design came out. I was expecting the back to have as much design as the front and when i saw the finished product i was very disappointed in the back. I would of liked to see more done with that and then we might of have gotten a higher placing then we did , which was 3rd place, I am not saying I am upset with that, I am saying that we could of have done better then that if we only had enough time to complete the back.