Monday, April 30, 2012

Period 6

Duet Scene

Natalie & Kimberly (not us in the picture)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bExLEqhb8lg&feature=related

A duet scene is an act that involves two people. I'm not gonna lie when I started to work on this scene I was a bit scared. I've never worked with Kymberly before and I didn't know if she was a productive actress. But then, after about 10 minutes the first day, I started talking to her and I realized she was actually a good actress. I know before I thought working with Kymberly would be kind of hard because I didn't really know  how she acted.


Usually in class, when I had to perform I'd get real scared. Especially since there were a lot of good actors/actresses there. But then I was playing around with Kymberly with the scene and I started to do an accent. It turned out pretty funny so I decided to go with it. Then I was having a bit of  "a day" and when I finished the scene it came out bipolar. Kymberly laughed so I thought it'd be a great idea to put it  in. Now looking back on the project, I think the hardest thing was to be foolish in front of the crowd. But it turned out fun.


During the duet project scene I came across an astounding thing. Not really astounding I just didn't really know it, that's all. It's kind of hard to keep an accent while in your mind you're just cracking up. I am actually satisfied at how good a job Kymberly and I did. In especially the Ouija Board scene. I was actually kind of disappointed with how I couldn't say my lines.


But all in all, I am really happy that I had Kymberly as a partner.