Sunday, April 29, 2012

Garbage bag costume By:Nicole Minsal period 7

1. Before attempting this this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be creating the costume in such a short period of time. Mrs.Gittings gave us about 30-45 minutes to create the costume itself,clean up, and put back all of our supplies. But with the help of my great group, we accomplished our goal to create a great costume.
2. After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was creating the top part of the costume. My group decided to create Mariana's design,which was very complex and challenging, but I like a challenge. In Mariana's design it contained very pointed shoulders that seemed very difficult to make. To create this we would use hangers and bend the to the shape on the design. At first it was very difficult because the hangers were very stiff, but Stephanie managed to get it in place. It looked fabulous at the end.
3. The most important thing I learned from this activity is good teamwork. Without my group this whole design would not be made possible. For example, if Shantel and Rebekah didn't blow the balloons then we wouldn't have the bottom half of the dress we created. Also if Mariana wasn't there to guide everyone to create the costume right, then the outfit wouldnt look right. And Stephanie was like the group leader directing everyone in the group throughout the entire process.
4. The most suprising thing I learned from this activity is that you can make something so great just out of garbage bags, toilet paper, balloons, tape, and contruction paper. As soon as we got the assignment I went home and researched some dresses that were made out of those things. The pictures I found were amazing and beautiful. I remember seeing a wedding dress entierly made out of toilet paper. It was so creative. At the end the costume we made only using those things turned out wonderful from the balloon skirt, and contruction  paper braclets, it looked awesome.
5. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is my modeling. In my group I played the role of being the model.When I was younger I was a model, and modeled many different types of clothes, but never a garbage bag! So a first I felt a little ridiculous wearing a garbage bag, but after a while I got used to it. But as soon as I started to strut my stuff in class, I felt right at home. It felt so natural to just walk, I felt like my inner model came out.
6. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is my work effort. Since I was the model, I really could not doo much to participate. The most I could really do was hold or tape something together. But overall we made a great costume, and won third place. And I am very pround of my group.