Monday, April 30, 2012

April Reflection Post


Costume Design Project

  1. Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be trying to work with the more fragile supplies that we had like the toilet paper. I thought maybe it'd be really hard to make it look like something or shape it in any way because toilet paper is so easily broken. 
  2. After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was the hair piece. In my group the design we chose had a flower made of construction paper clipped to her hair and that was what I was in charge of doing it was so hard to make, I couldn't find a way to make it. I had to make something up which was really hard to do and it was very confusing.
  3. The most important thing I learned from this activity is to use your time wisely. We didn't have a ton of time to make the dress and during time we had it took me so long to get the flower clip done I barely got to do anything else. If I would've calculated my time more maybe I would've gotten more done.
  4. The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is how you can make clothes out of anything really. All the groups did great and everyone looked so good in their recyclable outfits it was so fun and it looked great. 
  5. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is the hair flower because it was hard to do but I did it and even though it didn't look perfect I did it and it was hard work but I finished.
  6. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is when I tried to do the jewelry. I tried to make a necklace out of wire hangers but I didn't finish, I gave up because I wasn't strong enough to bend the wires.