Thursday, April 26, 2012

CREATIVE COSTUME DESIGN !!!

Jessica Taylor P.4

      Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be the actual physical configuration of the costumes with the given elements. The first thoughts that raced through my mind were "garbage bags? tape? what?" I never expected that art could be shaped through such unintimidating and simplistic resources. The easiest part of this activity was the preplanning and drafting of our individual designs. My design flowed quite quickly to my imagination and I was done within minutes; it was only natural that Mrs. Gittings graced my paper with an A+ ;)
       After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was working with four other people and synthesizing our differing ideas to create the better whole. There was much frustration as to who would be the model and the issue of "who does what". In the end, it worked out because the very thing that was challenging caused us to drop our seperate spheres of work to cooperate as team players within all of the madness.
      The most important thing I learned from this activity is that I and the rest of my teammates have absolutely no future career in fashion design. Our end design was far from what would be seen on the runways of Milan, but the effort proved our determination.
      The most suprising thing I learned from this activity is how absolutley creative and constructive human beings can be given minimal materials. Everyone's design was unique in their own way and represented that groups mental state and capability. In a limited time for construction, all of the groups did a great job staying within the time limit.
      The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is not just the finished product but the journey toward the end. It grew in me a sense of teamwork and the determination of not just myself but with a collective group of people who share a common goal.
     The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is not in existence. Every bad situation was purposed for enlightenment and good cause. In the end, mistakes proved itself nessesary for victory.