Sunday, April 29, 2012

Costume design assignment

1) Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be finding a way to put all the items together in a way that they wouldn't look so "bad". I mean when you look at it it's not every day you have to use black/white garbage bags, balloons, hangers, construction paper, and toilet paper to make a creative outfit to the best of your ability. Running through my mind when I first heard of this assignment was "this is impossible; I just don't see how we're going to possibly get this task done at hand".

2) After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was definitely the time management. Even though I was the model, and had to kind of stand there. I looked around the classroom and saw every group kind of hurrying to put everything together, including mine. Another aspect I thought was difficult was just the making sure that everything looked right and matched the initial design on the paper.

 3) The most important thing I learned from this activity is that creativity is truly the key. I mean we all had to really put our heads in it to make the costume really “come to life”. We all had to dig down deep into our creative sides, even though some might consider themselves more creative than others. Working together is also important we couldn’t just have one person doing all the work. As a team we all had our own responsibilities to attend to. Without one or the other, the job would not get done.

4) The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is the way the final product looked. Like I said at first that was my main concern, how this costume is going to turn out. That was the most surprising thing to me; it actually looked good in my opinion. When we first started I expected to look like a complete utter mess. Boy was I surprised by our outcome and all the other groups’ outcomes too.

 5) The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is being able to present the costume well. I was the model in this project and from my aspect I did a good job of presenting our “look”. Think about it’s not easy to model an outfit made out of garbage bags, balloons and etc. You have to be confident in what you are wearing, show that you believe you look good in your circumstance. That is why wearing the outfit was my work I was the most satisfied with,

6) The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is nothing that I can really think of. In my opinion I believe we did very well, and should have won actually. I really felt as if we dedicated a lot of effort and creativity into the costume. Considering the amount of time we had to create this look. So I am least satisfied with nothing, I feel we did our best.