Wednesday, May 30, 2012

4th May Reflection Post

4th Quarter Acting Project



1.Before attempting this activity I though the most difficult part to accomplish would be remembering my lines. When I was choosing the monologues I wasn't focusing on length it was mostly on how interesting it was. Then when i was writing them down I noticed one of them was extremely long. So then I got worried because I was thinking how on earth could I ever memorize that. So I started by memorizing the shorter one and moved to longer one later.Too late actually.


2.After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was  trying to do the scene within the time length. I timed my scene when I was practicing and it was long enough. But when I got up to preform I was very, very nervous, and that made me talk faster. So as I was doing the scene I was trying my hardest to slow my words down so that the scene would be long enough. Eventually I got myself together enough to do it correctly. Performing is scary and that threw me off.


3.The most important thing I learned from this activity was that even though most of the time I'm not good at it, I NEED to stop procrastinating with my assignments.Over the weekend i went to something called F.A.B.A.I.C. And when I got home I told myself I was too exhausted to do anything. So I had a ton of homework and ended up not doing any of it. So Monday was when I started actually working on all my assignments. Which was horrible. I'll learn... I hope. But thanks to the lord I'm lucky enough to have such an amazing teacher like Mrs.Gittings.


4.The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is a better way to remember my lines. When we did the class scenes project i remembered my lines just by reading the same thing over and over again but with this assignment i did it differently which was really great idea and a much better way for me to do it.


5.The aspect of my work on this activity that i am most satisfied with is how i performed. I feel like I did really good compared to how I've done on previous assignments. Before when i forgot my lines I kinda just froze and let everyone notice, but this time a piece of one  of my lines slipped my mind and instead of freezing up I just said something sort of like what the actual line was. I am really proud of myself for that.


6.The aspect of my work on this activity that i am most satisfied with is the fact that I wasn't ready to do both the scenes. In my own defense I didn't know we had to do both the scenes when we got up there so when Mrs.Gittings said we had 10 minutes to study I focused on studying the fist one because I thought I'd have more time. But I know it was wrong I knew I had to the scenes anyways so I should have been more prepared. That was bad.