Tuesday, May 29, 2012

reflection blog Nicole Minsal period 7

Nicole Minsal Period 7

1. Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be having my song prepared in time. See when I first found out we were doing this project, I knew I wanted to sing a song. But it was extremely difficult to pick a song out of the variety of music but I had to choose one. So I chose I Can Hear The Bells from the broadway musical Hairspray. I was afraid that that song really wasn't for me but it never hurts to try.
2. After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was memorizing my song lyrics. I already previously knew the song, but not the entire song. So through out the weeks I had to constantly recite the song every class. But I didnt have the music to my song until a couple of days before my performance. On the day of my performance I finally got to listen to my song with the words and I was scared to perform. But in the middle of my performance I lost my place in the song and didnt end up doing too well.
3. The most improtant thing I learned from this activity is to use all of my time given wisely. I feel as if I did not use my time very well during this activity. I wish I could have had more time to practice my song with the music. But, was extremely lazy and only listened to the song with music once. I basically only used the music sheets with lyrics instead of lyrics with the music.
4. The most suprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is that it is not that scary to sing infront of an audience. I normally am extremely terrified to sing infront of an audience even a small group of people. I only like singing in front at least like two or three people, just so I can feel comfortable singing. But during the actual performance I was soooo nervous, but as soon as I heard the music I felt completely better And way more comfortable.
5. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is my voice during my performance.Even though  I lost my track in the middle of my performance, my voice over-all was still very good according to Mrs.Gittings. Normally when I sing in front of large groups I get very,very nervous and my voice cracks, but since I suprisingly was really comfortable infront of a some-what large crowd. I was so proud of myself that I conquered my fear of stage fright an just tried my hardest and sang my heart out.
6. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is The fact that I forgot the lyrics to my song. I was completely upset when I just froze and didn't know what to do because I also lost track of where I was in the song as well. I was extremely dissapointed in myself because I worked so hard on attempting to remember the lyrics to the song, and I just froze up during my performance. But over-all I feel I did well on my singing, and thats all that matters.