Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Kaitlyn's May Reflection Post (: Senior Blog - DUET SCENES

DUET SCENES


 Before attempting this activity, I thought it would be hard to memorize two completely different scenes and perform them in front of the class. I felt like I had to step my game up a little and show how far I've progressed in the class. 
    After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was staying in character. Jarie and I are good friends and are constantly making each other laugh. And I think that progressed into the performance as we shifted out of character in a few lines.
   The most important thing I learned from this activity is to just get it over with. There's nothing wrong with standing in front of a crowd and it's no different from acting silly with your friends. Who knows, you might amaze someone or impact them in some way.
   The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is that I could come out of my "inner shell" more often. And not just around friends but around people who I may not know as well. 
  The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is my actual performance.I felt that I was able to overcome any fears and that it helped me evolve as an actor and allow me to have fun on stage.  Overall, I was happy with my work and I felt accomplished.
   The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is how much I stressed over the actual performance. I could of been working on other tasks at hand instead of worrying whether or not I'd mess up.