Wednesday, May 30, 2012

4th Quarter Acting Project

Briana Wright
May 30, 2012
Period 7
Acting !


1. Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be choosing a monologue that would showcase my acting ability.  I thought the process of choosing a monologue that I liked would be the hardest challenge.
 2.After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was not freezing up in class. I am not really shy when it comes to acting.  However, lately I have been shaking up and it makes me seem as if I don't know my lines.  I do better when I perform in front of a big audience instead of in front of classmates because you can't really hear audience remarks and facial expressions so it less stressful.  
3.The most important thing I learned from this activity is I have to control my nervous energy and learn to tune people out even when audience members say remarks during my performances.  
4.The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is how many personalities you get to portray with monologues.  
5.The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is I had great time management and I understand the concept of my monologue.
6.The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is I let my nerves get the best of my performance and i froze up which made me seem like I forgot all my lines.