Wednesday, May 9, 2012

May Reflection Blog:Duet Scenes

Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be being able to come up with how my partner and I will act out the scene. Its difficult working with people because you have to stress to them the fact that this is both or your grades and you have to make sure that you stay in character and that you portray yourself as a good actor/actress. It puts a lot of stress on you especially if you know your part well and your partner doesn't. Also if that person doesn't care about how they perform.
2. After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was working with that particular person. Usually when you do scenes with people, you always want to do it with your friends. However in my opinion, I think if you want a good grade, pick someone that you know is passionate about performing and is willing to do their best. The person that I was with was ok but I felt like as group we could have done much better and that I was alone because I cared about how I perfomed and thay didn't really.
3. The most important thing I learned from this activity is to always stay in character. When you stay in character it allows you to do better in your performance and to let things go more smoothly. Yea somtimes you may do something wrong and it may catch you off guard, and depending on what exactly what you did, you may get mad or laugh, but if you stay focused you can block out all the negative things that are happening around you. It can also allow you to be able to let others see that you are able to handle anything that is thrown at you.
4. The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is that you should choose scenes that you are comfortable with. The scenes that I chose at the moment were short and ok. But when my partner and I actually acted them out it was a different vibe. The way that we practiced it went quite well. But when it came time to perform them it went into a different vibe. We messed up a few times and the way that we performed it could habe been much better.
5. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is that I tried. There are times when you do scenes and you may do well in one and not the other. Im not perfect but I felt that since I gave it my all, I still felt accompished. But what i'll have to do is make sure that I am comfortable with my partner and the scene that  I am doing so I know that I did well.
6. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is how I performed. When I practiced my scene it wasn't hard on how I was going to act it out. But when I went in front to do it, I got a little bit nervous and I messed up. I didn't like how I came about to do my character. I know I could have done better and my partner as well. But since it was a mistake,I can learn from it, so if I do scenes ever again, I know what to do and what not to do.