Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Reflection Post

 Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be to actually draw the outfit. I'm not the best artist out there but i think i did a pretty decent job on it. I really hope it was to Mrs.Gittings likings, because she is an amazing costume designer.


After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was understanding each character. In order to create a costume you have to know the character. I felt as if a couple were pretty difficult, not really knowing how they acted, since i have only seen the musical once in my life. Overall i believe that i understood the concept of each character. With their message toward each other.


 The most important thing I learned from this activity is knowing how to cooperate with myself. I have to feel confident with each piece that i made. If there was something wrong on it i had to quickly edit that. Especially since i was using paint it was extremely difficult to edit something wrong out but i managed. 

The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is that I'm pretty good with the paint brush if i do say so myself. I know its kind of a third grade thing to do, painting, but i learned how to design different colors from each paint.
 The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is with one particular drawing. I felt that i worked so hard on that one cause i really likes the concept and colors i chose. I was happy with how it turned out and that i can create a masterpiece.

The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is one drawing that really was hard to interpret into a drawing. Mainly because the color was black and it was so plain. It was just so dull that i felt as if it was my worst. It wasn't the actual character it was what was on it. Just one piece of all black. Hard to make soothing interesting out of that.