Wednesday, May 30, 2012

4th Quarter Project (MAY BLOG)

Even though this project was a tough one, I believe I pulled through and did a good job! It made me learn that it's so much easier to work on your own. Seeing some of the performances showed so much of what we all learned throughout the year. Before attempting this activity, I though the most difficult part to accomplish was determining what my characters were to wear. My play was "Happily Ever After", a play where it's somewhat your typical Cinderella tale, but with a twist. The characters were Luella, Ismelda, Cinderella, Prince Charming, and Persephone. I tried my best to come up with costumes, and with my imagination and the things I learned about costume design this year, I think I reached the peak. After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was trying to find a doll to make the final costume. Unfortunately, I couldn't, so I ended up having to put it on one of my renderings. I thought making the final costume was a breeze, and so was  actually thinking of what to make, but finding a 3D model was a difficult task that I definitely didn't accomplish. The most important thing I learned from this activity is that you don't always need to work with a partner, but the people who are working on the same thing as you also have so many unique and amazing ideas. I was blown away by what my peers were doing in costume design. Anything from a wreath from the arm, or a sparkly dress, it was all amazing! I believe we all had so much creativity and pulled off this assignment. The most surprising and interesting thing I learned from this assignment is that I have more of a wild imagination than I think. I thought most of my designs would be bland, and they really weren't. There were a few times where I doubted myself, but I told myself that I probably wasn't as bad as someone who didn't do their project at all. I'm very proud of myself for working through this crazy, yet fun task. The aspect of my work that I'm most satisfied with is my outcome. I thought I would do worse than I thought I would and I actually did okay! There were some things I wish I could of done, but I didn't, and I hope it still rocks! The aspect of my work that I'm least satisfied with is that procrastination shows in my presentation. I really wish I didn't procrastinate as much as I did, because I really had all the time in the world! I still hope I get the grade I think I deserve!