Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Troy May Reflection

Going into this class I honestly did not know what to excpect, and the one assignment that was the most significant to me, was the check please play. Once I found out I would have to memorize lines for an entire play, I though it was an impossible feat for myself to accomplish. However, upon peformance day I felt confident, and prepared, and I delivered a decent performance considering I have never done anything acting related in my entire life. Public speaking has always been something that has never been too difficult for me, and I believe that through taking acting class this semester, my public speaking skills have vastly inproved. During the check please play was really the first time i have ever felt truly 100% comfortable performing in front of an audience even though the audience was a 30 person class. If there was one thing that I learned through taking this class and performing this play, it is that the people that you work with either make or break you, and in my case, I was lucky and had great partners throughout the class. All in all, I think that by performing the check please play, I really have broken out of my shell, and I am now completely comfortable perfprming.