Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May Reflection Post

I am writing my reflection post on the 4th quarter project. For my 4th quarter project, I did a small group scene called "Much Madness". Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be having the courage to perform to my fullest in front of the whole class. The reason for this is because I seem to be afraid of performing in front of large amounts of people. I can practice something perfect mulitple times, but the performance still just isn't as good. After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was memorizing my lines. I had more lines to memorize than usual and I kept practicing but just couldn't seem to have them word for word. The most important thing I learned from this activity is the importance of teamwork. In order to get a group scence accomplished, the whole group has to work together. The sharing of ideas and practicing together is important for a successful performance. The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is that you benefit from comparing your work to the work of others. It's great to see the different types of performances from different groups of people. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with was that I am getting closer to "coming out of my shell". At the beginning of the year, I could barely perform in front of anybody. As the year is coming to an end, I am now getting more into my characters. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is my ability to memorize my lines. If I really spent extra time at home, I would of been able to memorize them better. However, I have been very busy and may not have put as much focus as usual into this assignment. Overall, I enjoyed the 4th quarter project a lot. I worked with my group very well and it was nice to be able to do as we desired.