Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May Blog Reflection (4th Quarter Acting Project)

I did the costume designing for my 4th quarter project. I did it on a play called The Ties that Bind by Regina Taylor.  Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be to try to figure out what costume I should give for each character. I had to understand the characters to the best of my ability. Also how to interpret how the director would've liked the characters to dress. Especially because I've never seen the play. After completing it, I still thought the most difficult part to make a decision on which designs I was going to give each character. The most important thing I learned from this activity is that it is important thing to read the play before you begin to design the costumes. If I didn't, my designs wouldn't represent what the characters would wear. The most interesting thing I learned from this activity was that I could actually design. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am more satisfied with is I think I designed costumes that would fit the character. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is I wish I could have seen the play.