Wednesday, May 30, 2012

4th Quarter Project, Valeria Ceballos


  1. Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be hitting the notes in the song. I knew it was going to be a challenge, but that's what I liked about it. My whole motive for this project was to improve on my performance qualities and how I executed a song that was hard for me to sing. 
  2. After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was taking in the criticism given to me after my performance. I'm very hard on myself, and when I finished performing I knew what I did wrong and what I did very well. It changed my mind when other people pointed out the bad parts, which made me self conscious and doubt myself after the performance. 
  3. The most important thing I learned from this activity is to stay strong and committed. People have a right to their opinion. There is always room to improve and one of those ways is to take criticism into consideration. Also, I learned that I have a lot more potential than I gave myself credit for.
  4. The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is how well I could perform in front of an audience. I usually shake till no end while in front of people. This time my shakes were still there, but barely noticeable. As I got into the song, my nerves went away and I was comfortable with myself and others around me. I learned that my confidence can get better every time I perform. 
  5. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is how well I executed the song. I felt that I was believable with my acting and the singing was good considering the fact that it was a hard song and I never had a singing class before. I am proud of what I managed to come up with in the time given. 
  6. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is how I took the criticism given. Although I stayed composed, I was really upset about the comments made. I tried to stay strong and reassure myself but it became really hard for me. I wish I could have been a stronger person and not have taken the comments personally, but rather have taken them as a chance to analyze them and turn them into factors that could help me improve.