Wednesday, May 30, 2012

MAY REFLECTION POST.



Austin Katz
Period 4


1. Before attempting this activity, I though the most difficult part to accomplish was... how am i going to put the actual piece of costume together. I had to think of different ideas knowing that it had to be an article of clothing and not just a prop.


2. After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was... Making the sketching for my costume rendering. It was tough drawing the actual charcter from a book without being an artist but i pulled through it with the best of my ability and drew what i could.

3. The most important thing I learned from this activity is that... Hard work does pay off. It took about a full 3 hours just to create my rendering or sketch. It took me more to do my final draft. I also learned now that costume design is not as easy as i though it would be it does take lots of time and also alot of thinking and planning on what the next line will be.


4. The most surprising and interesting thing I learned from this assignment is... To not overlook as i mentioned in question 3 costume design. It is not as easy as people hype it to be. I am still glad i chose costume design over duet scene or monologs. It was very interesting to see how having a perfession in this area is not as easy as many other things.

5. The aspect of my work that I'm most satisfied with is... Creating my costume. It is a great feeling when you work so hard on something an the outcome that you have been waiting for for so long has happened, thats what i'm most satisfied with. I like what i did with my final piece and am glad once again that i chose the play and idea that i did.

6. The aspect of my work that I'm least satisfied with is... there is nothing really that i could say for this portion of this reflection. In all, i am very happy with my final sketchings and this was the first time i was put to the task and since everything turned out ok i am very happy to say that i'm glad about the outcome of my costume design.



Austin Katz
Period 4