Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ja'Lyn Lee's May Reflection Blog Post

   Before attempting this activity, I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be finding an actual solo. It's hard to pick a good solo that suits your voice, one that can relate to the person you are.
    After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was gaining the courage to do the performance. It's not necessarily the easiest thing to get in front of people to become another character.
   The most important thing I learned from this activity is just do it. Don't let your fears take over. Just thik of it as you being there all alone. It's just you and the stage.
   The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is that i could do more if I just do it from the heart. It takes longer to do something when you're thinking about it. Just let go.
  The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is my actual perfomance. Usually i'm not that estatic with all of y performances knowing that i could have done better, but i'm going to push my own limits and see how far that would take me.
   The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is how long i procrastinated to find my performance. I could have done a little better with that, but I think that i'm ready overall.