Monday, May 28, 2012

Duet scene fourth quarter project

For my fourth quarter project I did a duet scene, "Brighton Beach Memoirs", with my partner Teoni. Before attempting this activity I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be memorizing all the lines! I had a paragraph to memorize every time my character spoke! After completing it, I now think the most difficult part was trying to be a sad character. I'm more of an upbeat person, I'm not usually sad so that was a challenge for me. The most important thing I learned from this activity is to choose your partner wisely. It's important to choose your partner wisely because it's a group effort. You can't do perfect and your partner do the exact opposite to get a good grade. The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is memorizing the lines wasn't that hard. That goes to show never doubt yourself because you never know what you are capable of doing. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am most satisfied with is again, memorizing all those lines! I never really thought I could do it. The aspect of my work on this activity that I am least satisfied with is not being able to pick my own scene. I did notice that it would of been easier if I just would of stopped being lazy and just googled a shorter duet scene to do. Well, the early bird actually does get the worm. 