Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Reflection Post- Garbage Costume Design Period 6

1) Before attempting this activity I thought the most difficult part to accomplish would be... incorporating all the materials into one whole outift. When you really think about it, how could a bunch of garbage be composed into a creative design, for an outfit. I think the hardest material to use was the balloons, my group and I kept thinking of ways to use it, but it seemed impossible. Not only was this the hardest part of the assignment, but it was a way for me to show my creativity and really work on my artistic view.

2) After completing it, I now think the most difficult part to accomplish was....working under the pressure of 30 minutes. Once we had the vision of how the design was going to come out, we knew we had to get to work. In my opinion, i think the time limit made the situation and the assignment a lot more stressful, and it made the groups work inefficiently. If we kept worrying about the time, each of the materials was some how adjusted wrong, or had to be put back together again.

3) The most important thing I learned from this activity is... how to be creative. For me its not my favorite learning strategy. I am always used to the learn from the book and study. But this was not the case for this assignment, I really think I had to use my imagination and create a masterpiece out of something someone would call trash and garbage. Using ones imagination is a strategy i need to work on, not just for the sake of being creative, but because i need to be able to let go and let my mind do all the work itself without stressing over the subject too much, basically not overthink the situation.

4) The most surprising or interesting thing I learned from this activity is... that you can actually make something out of nothing. I mean the materials for this costume design project were, trash bags, construction paper, balloons, a wire hanger, and toilet paper. If you went up to anyone and asked if they would ever make an outfit using these items, most likely they would say No! I would have probably been one of those people before this assignment, just because i was proud of my group's design overrall .

5) The aspect of my work on this activity, that I am most satisfied with is... the overrall product of the actual design on the model. In my opinion it was exactly similar to the design that was drawn by hand on paper, and it was completed very well. Each side was cut clean, and the little details were exquisite. The attention payed to the detail of the costume was remarkable. For example, the balloons were used as a clip in the hair and as a design on a necklace. Things like that finish a look.

6) The apect of my on this activity, that I am least satisfied with is...the shoes part of the design,. Yes it was hard to find a way to make them better. The amount we had left at the end was hard to think of a way to make the model's shoes pink, so thinking on our feets and on the tip of our fingers we just taped contruction paper around the shoes the model was already wearing. I am least satisfied with is, because after seeing the other models, almost none of them had done something on the feet, so we  could have been working on making the body of the design better